Schoology: Yes or No?

Ava M. and Avery M., Staff Writers

For those of you who went to Roosevelt last year know that we switched from teachers using a lot of different classroom management systems to now only one, Schoology. For some people the change was a big deal and for others they really liked it. We then decided to interview some teachers and students to learn more about their reactions to the app.

We asked Ms. Micucci if she liked schoology and she said that she really liked it, but at first was not sure about the app. She said that after using it for a little she liked it the more. The more she learned the more she liked it. Ms. Micucci also told us that she never used edmodo and was an old fashioned teacher. She did not use apps like Schoology or Edmodo till Schoology. Ms. Micucci ended with saying that she thought another year or two with Schoology will make things very convenient for students.

We asked Addison, a current 5th grader what she thought about schoology. She said that Schoology has only helped her once and then stated that she doesn’t use it for writing down assignments and prefers to write the homework down on her assignment notebook. We then asked her about the helpful features of the app.  Addison said that if teachers hand out papers and you don’t get one you can get it on Schoology, but she also said that sometimes the teachers don’t put the assignments on schoology so it is upsetting. We then asked Addison for her final opinion. Should Schoology stay of go? “That is a hard question I would probably go with not having this app but with an exception of having another homework app to substitute it.”

In conclusion, many students and teachers really appreciate and like Schoology. For the incoming fifth graders though, there was nothing to compare schoology to, but they all seemed to like it.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Schoology: Yes or No?”

1. Anna on February 6th, 2018 11:47 am

I often use schoology. It helps me see things that I forgot to wright down in my notebook. It is useful plus their really isn’t another app to compare it to it.

2. Daniela Arezina on February 6th, 2018 11:48 am

Wow. Great article. I honestly don’t know if we should have it or not. It helps us by getting reminders. But it also does not help because we could use assignment notebooks.

3. Gavin Jones on February 22nd, 2018 10:13 am

I think Schoology helps me with assignments and ask questions to teachers.

4. Sherlock Roberts on May 16th, 2018 2:38 pm

Yes def

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Schoology: Yes or No?

Arts & Entertainment

The Black Cat

• Schoology: Yes or No?

Student Life

The Importance of MAPS Testing

• Schoology: Yes or No?

DIY

Interesting Foods on 2018

• Schoology: Yes or No?

News

The Truth About Christopher Columbus

• Schoology: Yes or No?

Sports/STEM/Games

Fascinating Emperor Penguins

• Schoology: Yes or No?

Arts & Entertainment

A History of Halloween

• Schoology: Yes or No?

Sports/STEM/Games

5 Weirdest Animals in the Water

• Schoology: Yes or No?

DIY

The History Of Rolled Ice Cream

• Schoology: Yes or No?

Student Life

Banned Books Week

• Schoology: Yes or No?

News

Facebook Security Breach

Schoology: Yes or No?