A Q and A with Mr. Janisch

A Q and A with Mr. Janisch

Josie K. and Ishika M., Staff Writer

Question 1: What is Your Favorite thing about being a gym teacher?

Response: Mr. Janisch’s favorite thing about being a gym teacher is seeing the kids having fun in his gym class, and when they are learning the skills he has been teaching them.

Question 2: What is your favorite sport to teach 5th graders?

Response: Mr. Janisch’s favorite sport to teach fifth graders is floor hockey, because everybody likes it and they all have a lot of fun playing it, both girls and boys!

Question 3: What’s your favorite story to tell your students?

Response: Mr. Janisch’s favorite story to tell his students is about the chipmunks, and watching them grow into becoming bulldogs (The story is, each grade 5,6,7,8 is a different animal. 5th grade are the chipmunks, 6th grade are squirrels, 7th grade are badgers, and 8th grade are bulldogs!) It took Mr.Janisch a whole year to come up with the best animals to consider each grade!

Question 4: What’s your favorite color?

Response:  Mr. Janisch’s favorite color is blue.

Question 5: What’s your favorite song?

Response: Mr. Janisch’s favorite song is  Record Year, By: Eric Church.

Question 6: What is your favorite sport?

Response: Mr. Janisch’s favorite sport is golf, but he hated it as a kid!

Question 7:  What is your favorite season?

Response: Mr. Janisch’s favorite season is fall because it’s cross country season, school starts, football season, and great weather!

Question 8: What’s your favorite holiday?

Response: Mr. Janisch’s favorite holiday is Christmas.

Question 9: What is your favorite book?

Response: Mr. Jsnisch’s favorite book is the Bible.

Question 10: Would you rather be a chipmunk (a fifth grader), a squirrel (a 6th grader), a badger (a 7th grader), or a bulldog? (An 8th grader)?

Response: He likes all of them equally, and for different reasons, but he would like to be a chipmunk, because everything is new, and he loves to watch them grow.

Question 11: What is your favorite moment in sports?

Response: The miracle on ice, where the USA hockey team beat the Russians in the olympics. (The Russians were undefeated). He was in college!

Question 12: What is the most memorable moment in 2018?

Response: Coaching cross country, and watching all the runners having fun, and coaching with Ms. Star, Mr. Mendrakla, and Mr. Considine.

Question 13: Why is Michael Jordan the G.O.A.T (greatest of all time) and not Lebron James?

Response: Michael Jordan is the ultimate basketball player because he made everyone around him better.

Question 14: As a kid what was your favorite sport to play and why?

Response: Football, because all the neighborhood kids would be organized into teams and they would play in the snow, go on their bicycles, and play in snow  forts!

Additional comments: He loves teaching Middle school kids in Roosevelt, cross country, girls volleyball, and boys volleyball.

Thank you for reading our interview with Mr. Janisch. Go Bulldogs!! And join cross country!